[Kde-pim] Akonadi mail migration

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Fri Jul 24 09:56:48 BST 2009

On Thursday 23 July 2009 12:12:53 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Thursday, 2009-07-23, Volker Krause wrote:
> > >
> > > There is another aspect that makes the migration of disconnected IMAP
> > > more complicated. The latest local changes might not have been synced
> > > to the server.
> >
> > good point
>
> Indeed.
>
> > > To keep things simple we should force a full sync of the
> > > dIMAP account before the migration is started.
> >
> > unfortunately it's not that simple ;-) For doing a full sync you would
> > need to keep the old DIMAP sync code from KMail around...
>
> How does the current implementation know what changes it has pending?
> Maybe  the importer could use this information and replay them as item
> changes without the import attribute.

good question, afaik it's a mix of index files (for uids and flag values) and
config files (flag changes, annotation, etc). Since KMail doesn't really do
incremental IMAP syncs (that is it usually determines what has changed by
doing a full comparisson with the server state), it can work with a lot less
detailed information than what Akonadi needs.

regards
Volker