[Kde-pim] Migrating pim configuration

David Jarvie djarvie at kde.org
Mon Jul 27 13:07:07 BST 2009

On Monday 27 July 2009 09:01, Horacio wrote:
> Not sure if this is the mailing list to ask user questions but I could not
> find a kdepim-users mailing list.

There is indeed a kdepim-users mailing list - it's listed at
http://lists.kde.org.

> With KDE4.2.4 installed using default Kubuntu packages I use rsync to keep
> my
> pim configuration and data in sync between my desktop at home and at work.
>
> This is a little cumbersome but works pretty well. Unfortunately recently
> I installed a new laptop with Kubuntu 9.04 and no matter what I do, even
> copy my
> whole home directory to the laptop, all kde pim applications do not detect
> my configurations.
>
> For example kmail has no accounts configured, akregator has no feeds
> registered and the address book is empty. Below you can see the list of
> files
> and directories I rsync. Is there any other files/dirs I need to copy in
> order
> to migrate my PIM data from one machine to another without having to
> configure each application manually?
>
> .kde/share/apps/kmail/
> .kde/share/config/kmail.eventsrc
> .kde/share/config/kmailrc
> .kde/share/config/kmailsnippetrc
> .kde/share/apps/kopete/
> .kde/share/config/kopeterc
> .kde/share/apps/akregator/
> .kde/share/config/akregator_feedsyncrc
> .kde/share/config/akregatorrc
> .kde/share/config/kaddressbookrc
> .kde/share/apps/kabc/
> .kde/share/apps/korganizer/
> .kde/share/config/korganizerrc
> .kde/share/config/korgacrc
> .kde/share/config/emaildefaults
> .kde/share/config/emailidentities
> .kde/share/config/mailtransports
> .kde/share/config/kresources/
> .kde/share/apps/basket/
> .kde/share/config/basketrc

Do you perhaps have different UIDs on the two machines, so that the user
doesn't have the necessary read/write permissions on the files you have
copied over? It should work if the files belong to the correct user.

--
David Jarvie.
KDE developer.