[Kde-pim] akregator: disable archive

Gerd v. Egidy lists at egidy.de
Mon Jul 6 00:44:18 BST 2009

Hi,

I know you developers are currently enjoying the sun in Gran Canaria and
otherwise are busy with krss so I'm sorry to distract you with a question
about the code in 4.2/4.3:

I tried the "disable archive"-mode in akregator for a special feed and could
not find any functional difference than the default "keep all articles": all
articles that are not included into the feed anymore are still visible in the
same session and are loaded again after terminating (not just reducing into
tray) and restarting akregator.

So how is the "disable archiving"-mode expected to work? When should articles
be removed and where is the code doing it?

What I'm looking for is a mode where articles that are not contained in the
feed anymore vanish instantly. I'm using an issue tracker which has an rss
feed showing all open issues and I'd like all resolved issues to be removed.

Just in case my idea matches what you intended this mode to do I created a
patch which implements it.

Kind regards,

Gerd