[Kde-pim] KDE 4.2 KPilot coming! (how to both be excited and have realistic expectations)

Gunter Ohrner G.Ohrner at post.rwth-aachen.de
Sat Jan 24 11:09:35 GMT 2009

Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper wrote:
> I just wanted to get a note out to as wide a distribution list as
> possible to spread some important news about the upcoming KDE 4.2
> release and KPilot's (exciting!!) part in it. If you don't care about

Just a note concerning the syncing of contacts:

My Centro's address book has dedicated fields for birthdays,
anniversaries and IM addresses (eg. ICQ, AIM, MSN, ...).

This information is not synced at the moment, using the conduit's
default settings.

In the conduit's preference dialogs I could only find a way to map the
Palm's four "custom fields" to birthday or IM addresses, however so far I
used its dedicated fields to store this information in all my present
contacts, not the custom fields.

Is there any way to sync information like birthdays and IM addresses
without having to copy them into the custom fields?

Greetings,

  Gunter