[Kde-pim] ICal en vcard file monitoring issue.

Bertjan Broeksema b.broeksema at home.nl
Fri Jan 16 21:44:47 GMT 2009

Hi Pimsters,

While testing KPilot with the setup we discussed in Osnabruck I encountered
an issue with file monitoring. The problem seems to be that when a file is
modified from korganizer (remove some item from the calendar and close
Korganizer) the file watcher seems to emit the wrong(?) signal. This is what
I get when I start akonadi in a terminal:

[/home/developer/kde4/bin/akonadi_ical_resource]
akonadi_ical_resource_10(21129)/kio (KDirWatch)
KDirWatchPrivate::useINotify: inotify successfully used for monitoring
[/home/developer/kde4/bin/akonadi_ical_resource]
akonadi_ical_resource_10(21129)/kio (KDirWatch) KDirWatch::setCreated:
"KDirWatch-1" emitting created "/home/developer/PIM/test-calendar.ics"
[/home/developer/kde4/bin/akonadi_ical_resource]
akonadi_ical_resource_10(21129)/kio (KDirWatch)
KDirWatchPrivate::removeEntry: Cancelled INotify (fd 11, 4) for
"/home/developer/PIM"
find more at: http://pastebin.ca/1310355
The problem is that the dirty signal doesn't get emitted while this is what
the SingleFileResourceBase is connect too, according to
SingleFileResourceBase.cc:50.
Please let me know if I'm correct about this and if there is some way to fix
this.
Cheers,
Bertjan