[Kde-pim] please verify that kdepim still links on OSX

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sat Jan 3 21:06:38 GMT 2009

Hi,

I just committed a patch to kdepim/CMakeLists.txt which changes the way it
links. There is the macro KDEPIM4_LINK_UNIQUE_LIBRARIES(), which is used
instead target_link_libraries(), which removes duplicates from the link line.
This was added because there was a problem with the OSX linker, which ran out
of memory if there were too many libs.
I think the KDEPIM4_LINK_UNIQUE_LIBRARIES() workaround for OSX shouldn't be
necessary anymore since we are using the reduced link interfaces, which
reduce the number of linked libraries.
With the reduced link interface the link lines should be much shorter, so I
think it should now also work without the workaround.

OS X users: please update to kdepim from trunk, build it, and let me know if
it still works for you (yes, also in case of success).

Thanks
Alex