[Kde-pim] [akregator] API reference help

Frank Osterfeld frank at kdab.net
Thu Jan 15 19:21:10 GMT 2009

On Wednesday 14 January 2009 00:38:12 jack wrote:
> Hi!
>  I'm doing some tests with akregator, the best RSS feader ;)
>
>  Could tell me some akregator developer how/where can I intercept the
>  title/text from the downloaded news on-the-fly.. so the class/method
>  that akregator uses to fetch a new and download the new content.

Feed::appendArticles(), feed.cpp:461
We actually had an ArticleInterceptor interface once which could be
implemented and registered to receive all new articles. It had no users though
and was removed (can be readded easily if needed).

>  And which method is called when I click on a new to read it?

MainWidget::slotArticleSelected(), mainwidget.cpp:798

>  I have seen the source code repository:
>  http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdepim/akregator/src/
>  Is there some doxygen documentation, UML diagrams or something to get
>  a closer idea of the application? ... or am I an utopian? :S

There are no UML diagrams.

api.kde.org has akregator apidox (which is incomplete and as an application
nowhere near the level of documentation you see for libraries).
See

http://api.kde.org/4.1-api/kdepim-apidocs/akregator/html/hierarchy.html

for the class hierarchy (ignore the c4_$foo classes, they are from the metakit
plugin).

What do plan to do?
If you are interested in Akregator you might be interested in krss, which
provides RSS support for Akonadi, making it possible to share feeds and feed
items between RSS applications (akregator, plasmoids, newstickers, podcast
clients...). It's currently in development and we plan to port akregator to
use it (for 4.3, hopefully). You can find it in trunk/playground/pim/krss.

Frank Osterfeld -- frank at kdab.net