[Kde-pim] setting up akonadi

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue Jan 27 21:41:23 GMT 2009

On Monday 26 January 2009, paai wrote:
> Kevin Krammer wrote:

> >> Ok, it was a classical case of PEBKAC, but I won't elaborate... ;)
> >
> > Ah, good to know. I asked the Debian packagers to check their 4.2 based
> > packages, but we couldn't find anything wrong there.
>
> I am trying to get kpilot to sync with the Calendar, but I do not
> understand Akonadi at all. Kpilot says I have no 'Akonadi
> collections', but I have no idea what Akonadi collections
> are and how to set them up.

Yeah, a rather technical error message, maybe that can be improved.
What it rather means is that there seem to be no address books or calendars in
Akonadi. Which should not happen since your previous setup should have been
imported automatically.

If you go to System Settings -> Advanced Tab -> Akonadi Configuration
how does the first tab of that window look like?

Or retry once you have the actual 4.2 release installed.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring