[Kde-pim] [kdepim-users] Question Regarding Integration of KDE with other applications

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sun Jan 11 21:42:26 GMT 2009

Hello,

Let us move the discussion to the KDE PIM development list
(kde-pim at kde.org).

On Sunday 11 January 2009, Steve Lebetkin wrote:
> We currently have our business running on VTiger. I am trying to
> determine if KDE can be utilized as the front end GUI and sync live
> with Vtiger.
>
> What we are trying to do is have an ACT! or Goldmine clone equivalent
> within KDE. It may mean starting with Kontact and enhancing it to
> have the look and feel we seek. The engine would be our modified
> version of VTiger.
>
> We have dedicated Kolab server which is working really well. Our
> sales people have windows desktops, so we would probably purchase an
> unlimited server license for NoMachine - NX. This would give us
> access to KDE.
>
> Anyone have any ideas or comments?

Developing a CRM based on Kontact sounds like a very interesting
project. Do you want to develop this only for inhouse usage or do you
intend to integrate your changes into KDE?

You might want to look into how our very successful collaboration with
the Kolab Konsortium works. If desired I can help you get in contact
with Kolab Konsortium.

Regards,
Ingo