[Kde-pim] KBlog Bugs and new features for it

Mike Arthur mike at mikearthur.co.uk
Sat Jan 10 16:21:37 GMT 2009

On Saturday 10 January 2009 11:10:33 Mehrdad Momeny wrote:
> I'm working on a Blogging client based on KBlog library.
> Previously, I contacted with its maintainer, Christian Weilbach, about my
> bug fixes and new features for KBlog. and he applied my patches to KBlog
> repository, and asked me to temporarily notify him about patches, before
> committing to repository.
>
> I'm new to KDE Library development process.
> 10 days ago, i was add a new feature to library (new Function to API), and
> sent my patch to him, but there isn't any answer yet.
I can help with this, I'm the "other" active KBlog developer and quite
possibly more active than Christian. If he remains unresponsive I'll talk to
him about becoming maintainer perhaps. Send the patch to this mailing list and
I'll have a look.

> After all, My works on My App, (code named Bilbo, the src code available
> here: http://github.com/mtux/bilbo/ ) highly depends on KBlog.
>
> and:
> I need some information about Library devel in KDE:
> - When i can change the API? and when i can't!? (it's about freezing state
> and something like it ;) ) I should change KBlog to improve its support of
> Wordpress.
Depends on the API change. It needs to be API and ABI compatible, there is
information about this on techbase but I can't recall where and a casual
google isn't helping.

Mike Arthur
http://mikearthur.co.uk/