[Kde-pim] how to sync akonadi resources (laptop <-> PC)?

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Thu Feb 5 18:30:01 GMT 2009

On Thursday 05 February 2009, Juergen Spitzmueller wrote:
> Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > Can you try if it makes a different if you use an "ICal Calendar File"
> > resource instead?
>
> It does indeed. With the "ICal Calendar File" resource, everything works as
> expected and changes get updated from and to the *.ics file (the *.vcs file
> also works). My bad obviously, sorry (but maybe still worth some
> documentation?)

Not your fault at all.
The current automatic migration tool actually does exactly that and even the
other thing should have worked, i.e. it always did when I tested it.

The resources with "kcal" or "kabc" in their names are basically fallbacks for
data sources for which we don't have native Akonadi resources yet.
Unfortunately the traditional plugins used by them are often not working
properly, e.g. kcal plugins sometimes only work properly when being used by
KOrganizer.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring