[Kde-pim] kmail scary behaviour

Dag Nygren dag at newtech.fi
Mon Feb 9 00:00:13 GMT 2009

On Saturday 07 February 2009 14:35:57 Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Friday 06 February 2009, Dag Nygren wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > just had problems with my IMAP account here and did a rebuild of the
> > IMAP mailbox indexes (command mixrbld).
> > Now starting kmail and selecting my inbox kmail first list the emails
> > in there OK, but then goes on removing older
> > mails from the shown list. Altogether removed 1000 emails out of 3000
>
> The IMAP UID of those old messages has probably changed and therefore
> KMail removed them because it thought they were gone. And it didn't
> rediscover the old messages because they are not flagged as NEW.
>
> I suggest to delete KMail's index files for your IMAP inbox. You can
> find it under
>   ~/.kde(4?)/share/apps/kmail/imap/.<some number>.directory/
> Remove the files:
> .INBOX.index* (several index files)
> INBOX (cache of the message headers)

Thanks for the advice, but did that and kmail still behaves very strangely.
Now I can see the mail headers, but no body is available. If I do a search the
results are found, but still kmail refuses to show the body.

And also after a time the number of total mails will be decreased from the
original 3000+ to something btw. 1000 and 2000. And at the moment I have 1504
unread mail in my inbox, but clicking on "Mark all read" doesn't affect the
unread value.

Is kmail storing this info elsewhere than under the ~/.kde4/share/kmail/imap ?

Best
Dag