[Kde-pim] Akonadi Synchronous Job Error

Douglas Harms dharms at depauw.edu
Fri Feb 20 12:02:57 GMT 2009

I'm working on kpilot and have encountered a behavior problem in
akonadi.  For various reasons there are times when we attempt to delete
an akonadi item (calendar or todo) that doesn't exist.  job->exec()
returns false (as it should).  When we process the next record (e.g.,
delete a record that is in akonadi) job->exec() returns true (which it
should) but it doesn't actually delete the item.  As you might imagine,
this messes us up.

We can easily solve this by not trying to delete an akonadi item when we
know it's not there; however, we wanted to bring this up for discussion
on this list to see if perhaps there is a larger bug in akonadi that
should be addressed.

Thanks!!

--Doug

--