[Kde-pim] x.500 password not accepted anymore in Kleopatra/gpgsm

Roland Wolters roland.wolters at credativ.de
Thu Feb 12 10:47:14 GMT 2009

Hi group,
I've got the following problem:

We have a x.500 (well, x.509) root certificate. I imported all certificates
necessary for the key chain and afterwards imported the root certificate to
read and write to an e-mail list where all e-mails are encrypted using the
x.500 standard.

When I import the root certificate I'm asked for a password and immediately
afterwards aked for another password to secure the key on my hard disk. This
all works.

However, if I later on want to change the password or want to read e-mails I
am again asked for the password - and if I now enter my password I set it
doesn't work, it says the passphrase is wrong.

However, the secret key is there, it can be listed via gpgsm -K.

Any idea what can have caused this behaviour, or how I can check what I did
wrong?

Regards,

Roland
--
Roland Wolters
Tel.: +49 (0)21 61 / 46 43-181

credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
Hohenzollernstr. 133, 41061 Mönchengladbach
Geschäftsführung: Dr. Michael Meskes, Jörg Folz