[Kde-pim] KRES::Factory doesn't return translated strings

David Jarvie djarvie at kde.org
Fri Feb 27 15:21:45 GMT 2009

On Friday 27 February 2009 08:05:45 Burkhard Lück wrote:
> Am Freitag 27 Februar 2009 00:48:59 schrieb Allen Winter:
> > David?
> > Albert's attached screenshot shows translated strings.
> > ??
>
> This is magically fixed somehow, works here in trunk + 4.2, when the
> language is switched via systemsetting.
>
> But this does not work with "KDE_LANG=x-text kalarm"
>
> "Active Alarms" is only tranlated on the first run of kalarm and then
> stored in .kde/share/apps/kalarm/calendar.ics, that's why it is translated
> here to "xxActive Alarmsxx" and does not change on language switching.

I had tested it by setting KDE_LANG, where it doesn't work. I can confirm now
that it does work when System Settings is used to set the language.

This has wasted a bit of time for a few people. I wonder whether there is any
way of making such translations work with KDE_LANG settings, to avoid similar
time wasting in the future?

--
David Jarvie.
KAlarm author and maintainer.