[Kde-pim] Problems with translations and catalogs

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sat Dec 26 20:29:08 GMT 2009

First of all, remember to CC me if you want me to read the mail, i'm not in
the list.

Some things i18n related:

 * agents seem to use the executable as catalog name
(AgentBase::parseArguments), this is probably not going to work on Windows
since there the names of the executable end in .exe

 * kdepim/nepomuk_email_feeder/ seems to be an agent but has not Messages.sh
to extract its messages

 *  kdepim/runtime/agents/nepomukfeeder/ messages are not extracted for
translation, even more problematic since tmcguire says it's a shared dir for
all the other agents, you probably need to create a shared .po file and insert
its catalog in all other agents code.

 * Not i18n related: nepomuk_email_feeder/shared/nepomukfeederagentbase.cpp
and runtime/agents/nepomukfeeder/nepomukfeederagentbase.cpp are almost
identical

 * Also it would be good if someone could test if the "Starting Akonadi
server..." appears correctly translated because i've heard reports that it
shows untranslated (you can use the x-test language for that). I tried to
track where it's called from but it's called from too many places so that a
newbie like me can check if the libakonadi catalog is correctly loaded in all
of them.

And remember to CC me if you want me to read the mail since i'm not in the
list.

Albert