[Kde-pim] kmail starts on boot

Divan Santana Divan at s-tainment.co.za
Tue Aug 4 06:56:22 BST 2009

On Tuesday 04 August 2009 05:42:56 Andreas Gungl wrote:
> Am Montag, 3. August 2009 schrieb Divan Santana:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I know there was an existing bug for when you "join" kontact to kolab
> > kmail tends to start on boot instead of kontact.
> >
> > I've still got this bug today with kde 4.3.0 rc3 (4.2.98 kubuntu ppa
> > packages). Basically kmail starts always on boot and if I tried rather
> > autostart kontact kmail is 90% of the time started as a separate
> > instance.
> >
> > Therefore every boot I need to spend first 2 minutes closing and opening
> > kontact so its "normal".
> >
> > Has anyone had this problem? Is there a work around?
> >
> > I hope someone can help with this :)
>
> I had this problem too. After changing the initial part started in Kontact
> to the Overview, KMail didn't start first anymore. Perhaps it was not
> really the cause, but it might be worth a try for you.

Awesome just tried to reboot now and it seems to be better. I did a few things
so not 100% sure which helped...

- removed kontact from .kde/share/Autostart
- removed knotes from .kde/share/Autostart
- quit kalarm and told it to no longer start on boot
- changed kontact's settings to start with summary/overview always(it was
previously set to always start with kmail).

Think the last point(and perhaps kalarm) were the culprits but it least its
fixed now!

Yey - thanks Andreas.