[Kde-pim] Nepumuk and mail

Thomas McGuire mcguire at kde.org
Fri Aug 7 14:39:17 BST 2009

Hi,

On Thursday 06 August 2009 19:42:15 you wrote:
> Finally got my KDE 4.3 up and running.
> Now I wonder if there is a way to make Nepomuk index my mail and get an
> unified search possibility?

Currently, Nepomuk is not integrated with KMail. KMail will use Nepomuk when
ported to Akonadi, which is to be expected with KDE 4.5. Actually, Tobias just
committed the first steps for searching with Akonadi+Nepomuk today :)

In the meantime, you can get Nepomuk to index your local mails, but then you
can only search outside of KMail. As I'm not a Nepomuk user myself yet, I
can't give you details here.

BTW, please use the kdepim-users mailing list instead, this is a developer
mailing list only.

Hope that helps,
Thomas