[Kde-pim] Akonadi server could not be started

Serebryakoff Alexey overlapped at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 08:10:05 BST 2009

Hi guys!

I need some help please!
I have installed mysql6.0 on FreeBSD 7.2. I've try to start Akonadi but self
test dialog was appeared. Some problems I fixed listed in dialog (give rights
on /var/log/mysqld.err, set up XDG_DATA_DIRS variable and so on). But "Akonadi
could not registered D-Bus..." was displayed always. I looked at error log:

That is in /home/myuser/.local/share/akonadi/akonadiserver.error file:
"Unable to create index.
Query error: 'Specified key was too long; max key length is 767 bytes QMYSQL3:
Unable to execute statement'"
Unable to initialize database.
""

As far as I know (see the mysql.conf to the same path) Akonadi use InnoDB
storage engine. I read some information about InnoDB index structure
limitations.

How can I fixed now?

Sorry for my bad English.
--