[Kde-pim] Problem with akonadi-java: ProtocolException: Invalid command argument

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Wed Aug 19 16:53:24 BST 2009

Follow up to myself:

On Tuesday, 2009-08-18, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> Hi Fabian,
>
> On Monday, 2009-08-17, Fabian Köster wrote:

> > The version of akonadi-server I tested with is 1.2.0-0ubuntu1
>
> Ah.
> This version has a bug in its parser which isn't triggered by the C++
> client library. I fixed it in trunk, though we still have to backport it to
> the 1.2 branch.

Volker has backported the changes so they'll be in the next 1.2.x version.

> It might be possible to work around it in the Java code by explicitly
> flushing the stream when writing the command.

I tried this but it didn't help. Checking the code I found that it already
happend (in Command.java), so it is probably a low level thing, maybe in the
native code for Unix socket access.
I am afraid the only working solution is a fixed version of the Akonadi
server.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring