[Kde-pim] KContactManager Name

Mike Arthur mike at mikearthur.co.uk
Fri Apr 24 17:48:50 BST 2009

On Friday 24 April 2009 17:40:45 Anne Wilson wrote:
> Probably - and although it _may_ please mother, it won't please experienced
> users, who prefer the menu to display the application name, or as near to
> it as feasible.
I guess it's a bit overkill for a name change but for these sort of things I
guess thinking about how the name affects various groups might be useful:
- Existing KDE users
- Experienced Mac/Windows users
- New computer users

I suspect with the ports to Windows and Mac and people probably wanting single
KDE applications that the "KName" style naming will be somewhat lost on these
type of people whereas "KDE Address Book" would better associate with our
"brand" and encourage people who use a single application to think "hmm, what
is this KDE" more than they would with a single letter.

I'm possibly just talking nonsense though!

Mike Arthur
http://mikearthur.co.uk/