[Kde-pim] What to do

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sat Apr 18 10:53:44 BST 2009

Hi Tyler,

On Friday 17 April 2009, Tyler Southwick wrote:
> I've been using KDE for a long time and have recently started to use
> Kontact.  I want to help with the development on this.  Where can I start?
> Also, the site for kontact (http://www.kontact.org/) seems to be really out
> of date. Thanks!

Right. We are trying to move the data to the KDE TechBase Wiki, especially the
development related stuff.

The main page [1] there is not very well structured either, but I guess it at
least links to all the relevant information.

Generally, KDE PIM development is mainly focused on migrating our application
and storage backends to the Akonadi [2] infrastructure.

While there is obviously lots of things that can be done in that area, there
are also lots of opportunities to work on the applications themselves.
For example KMail has a special page [3] dedicated to so called "Junior Jobs",
i.e. development tasks the maintainer judged to be doable by a new comer
without needing too much knowledge about the whole code base.

For dicussion and review of patches we are using a web based reviewboard
application [4]. Any other form of discussion or questions can be directed to
this mailinglist or our main IRC channel (#kontact on the freenode network).

Cheers,
Kevin

[1] http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/PIM
[2] http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/PIM/Akonadi