[Kde-pim] can I use googeldata to sync my contacts with google contacts?

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sun Apr 12 14:23:01 BST 2009

On Sunday 12 April 2009, Michael wrote:
> Hello
> I am looking for a method to sync my google contacts with these in
> Kontact/Kadressbook
> I am using with KDE 4.2.2 rel 110.
> I found a posting on this list from Adenilson dated 2009-03-03 where
> googledata is mentioned the following features are  supported:
> - get/add/edit/delete;
> - dialog for user account;
> - store user password in KWallet;
> - fields: name, email, telephone, job title, organization, address,
> notes, photo.
>
> I am not too perfect in compiling but I am not afraid to do some tests
> - so is there a way to compile googledata for kde 4.2.2`

That should be possible.
It might not be quite easy, however, since you need code from two source
repositories (playground/pim from KDE SVN and libgcal from its git
repository).

% git clone git://repo.or.cz/libgcal.git
and building and installing it

% svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/playground/pim/googledata
and building and installing it

Dependencies are kdepimlibs development files and its dependencies.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring