[Kde-pim] documentation for systemsettings module kresources

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Sat Sep 27 20:55:47 BST 2008

On Saturday 27 September 2008 18:25:24 Allen Winter wrote:
> On Thursday 25 September 2008 09:14:01 Burkhard Lück wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Kdepimlibs is the only kde main module without a documentation for our
> > translators, time to change this ;-)
> >
> > Kdepimlibs has a system settings module kresources, but without any
> > documentation so far.
> >
> > Attached a patch with an outline of this documentation including all
> > necessary patches to the build system.
> >
> > The main part of this documentation is a table with all available
> > resources, the applications using them and a link to their settings
> > documentation.
>
> Table 1. Available Resources
> Resource Type  Used by                Additional Information
> Alarms              KAlarm                 KAlarm Resource view
>
> Calendar           KOrganizer           KOrganizer Resource view

It's also used by the iCal invitation plugin in KMail.

> Notes               KNotes                (I don't see a way to select
> Notes resources)
>
> Contacts          KAddressBook        KAddressBook's Address Books  view

This is the most widely used type, eg. by the address completion you find in
KMail, KNode and KOrganizer, the addressbook integration in Kopete and
Konversation (might be KDE3 only, not sure what the current state of this
is), the contacts krunner plugin and probably more.

regards
Volker