[Kde-pim] asCleanHtml, and thoughts towards html replies to html emails

Sander van Grieken sander at 3v8.net
Tue Sep 23 12:08:24 BST 2008

>> 4) Are the "style="margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0" attributes in the p tags
>> really necessary?
>
> I'll look into that more. Ideally they wouldn't be there. I'd like to get
> more thoughts and requirements from people on how clean html should look
> like.
>

>> 5) Just out of interest: Why is changing the font size done by <span
>> style="font-size:16pt;"> instead of a plain <font size="16">?
>
> deprecated as Ingo said.

Can you change the explicit style attributes on elements into style classes, and then
include a CSS section inline within the HTML part?

This would avoid hardcoding the various styles used in the mail, and have the additional
benefit of being able to move the CSS outside the code, importing it somewhere from the
/usr/share or alternatively the ~/.kde tree.

This also allows for easy theming or distro-branding, and style sharing among other PIM
applications.

>> enough?
>
> I think it would be very messy to try and remove them, because of how the
> html is generated. They don't cause any major problems and formatting of
> the text would be neccessary anyway if links were styled any differently
> than blue+underline.

As an example of my argument then this would become

Grtz,
Sander