[Kde-pim] Bug triage on 28/09

Michael Leupold lemma at confuego.org
Tue Sep 16 23:54:59 BST 2008

On Tuesday 16 September 2008, Allen Winter wrote:
> On Monday 15 September 2008 05:02:33 Michael Leupold wrote:
> > We thought it might be nice to do other kdepim application's bugs on the
> > 28th and we're thinking about having different groupware servers to help
> > people triage different kresources as well (it might also raise interest
> > because I could do a blogpost with screenshots).
> > So, what do you think about it. Is triaging korganizer/kaddressbook/...
> > worth it at the moment or are those too much in flux due to a possible
> > move to akonadi? (even then it might be good to get rid of old bugs in an
> > organized manner).
> There isn't too much flux.
> I would love to see such a triaging day.
> I'd especially love to see people testing the groupware side.

Great. Then that's what we'll do :)

In the run up to the 28th I'll probably have some questions on how to
configure the resources for various groupware servers. For now:
- Is the GroupDAV resource supposed to work with a standard WebDAV enabled
Apache? I couldn't get it to work. Do I have to type a webdav:// or a http://
url?
- Is the OpenChange akonadi resource in trunk the GSoC result or is there a
separate repository I need to check out? (haven't tried it yet).

Apart from that, do any of you happen to run test/demo servers for various of
the groupware suites? So far we can (will be able to) provide
- eGroupWare (XML-RPC) on a vServer
- MS Exchange on a VM over DSL
- WebDAV on a vServer
- openldap server
- plain IMAP server for the kolab1 resource

I might be able to squeeze in another VM with Kolab2 but that might congest my
DSL line a little - however that one would be 1st on my wishlist with SLOX
coming in second. Others like SCALIX or GroupWise don't seem to be used (or
have (m)any bugs on bugs.kde.org) so they might not be that interesting after
all.

Regards,
Michael