[Kde-pim] Libical v0.32 Requirement Coming

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Mon Sep 1 22:11:57 BST 2008

Howdy Packagers,

Libical v.032, an implementation of basic iCAL protocols was released today.

For years, the kdepim module has relied upon its own, very old forked version
of the libical, but now we want to start using the official version again.

So, beginning on 1 Oct kdepimlibs trunk will require libical v0.32.
Thus, large parts of KDE 4.2 will not build without libical 0.32.

To make life easier for developers, I ask the distros to make
this new libical version available, where possible, and as soon
as possible.

The source code can be found on SourceForge at

Allen, KDE-PIM Module Coordinator