[Kde-pim] Akonadi resource in ruby

Thomas Aynaud taynaud at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 11:54:28 BST 2008

Le Friday 05 September 2008 11:59:06 Horacio Sanson, vous avez écrit :
> I am trying to write a Google akonadi contact resource (for learning
> purposes) but parsing the XML (Atom) responses I get from google is a
> little difficult for me in C++.

Hello,

I'm trying to do the same work, and I have already a read only access to
google contact data, so basic parsing of atom using the XML class from Qt.
It's working and the code is reasonably simple.

Google data are only a subset of what kabc handle, and I'm now thinking about
how handle all the data from Kabc which will require write access to google
data. If you want, we can try to collaborate on this and share code, but we
should discuss that in private first I think.

> - Is it possible to write akonadi resources in Ruby?? I find easier to
> write ruby code than C++
> - If not are there KDE libraries that can ease the interaction with
> Google API?? i.e. network connection, authentication and xml parsing
> generation?

You should look at Qt Libraries, it contains class to do http and xml parsing,
which seems to be enough to access google data.

Regards,

Thomas Aynaud