[Kde-pim] Problem compiling kdepim

Thorsten Staerk thorsten at staerk.de
Wed Sep 10 19:40:35 BST 2008

On Wednesday 10 September 2008 17:50:17 Jordi De Groof wrote:

> > > Can it be that you have kdelibs4-devel installed in /usr/include and
> > > that your kdelibs from trunk has been installed into
> > > /usr/local/include? I had something similar.
> > >  rpm -e kdelibs4-devel
> > > helped.
> >
> > True, but...
> > We should try to build ok against kdelibs 4.1.
> > Thomas, is a conditional compile using KDE_VERSION possible here?
>
> kdelibs4 is in /usr/lib, and kdelibs4-devel in /usr/include
>
> The rpm -e trick didn't work (because of dependencies, so I uninstalled it
> through yast)
>
> Any other suggestions to get it to work?

The following:
1. join our chat on irc.freenode.net, channel #kde or #kontact. #kontact is
the development channel for kdepim, #kde is the user channel for all of kde.
Some think compiling is not a development issue, but I think you should join
anyway.
2. Follow "my" wiki page http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/KDE4
3. Build kdesupport, kdelibs, kdepimlibs, kdebase and kdepim in this order

Does /usr/local/include/KDE/KRichTextEdit exist? Tell me in the chat.

thanks

Thorsten