[Kde-pim] [patch] korganizer - printing calendar item recurrence

David Jarvie djarvie at kde.org
Tue Sep 2 09:45:56 BST 2008

On Sunday 31 August 2008 16:00, Ron Goodheart wrote:

> attached are three diffs:
> 1) changes to 3.5 - recurrence print code
> 2) changes to trunk - recurrence print code
> 3) changes to trunk - static linking of libkorg_stdprinting

Sorry this is a bit late, but I still have concerns about the translatable
strings.

> +          recurString = i18nc("Every N WEEK[S] on WEEKDAYNAMELIST"
> +                              " (Every 4 weeks on Tues Wed Thu)",
> +                              "Every <numid>%1</numid> %2 on %3",
> +                              recurs->frequency(),
> +                              i18np("week","weeks",recurs->frequency()),
> +
> dayNames );

This is unlikely to work properly in some languages, because the
translators can't see the whole phrase, and won't be able to adjust the
grammar properly. It should be

i18ncp("Every N WEEK[S] on WEEKDAYNAMELIST"
       " (Every 4 weeks on Tues Wed Thu)",
       "Every <numid>1</numid> week on %2",
       "Every <numid>%1</numid> weeks on %2",
       recurs->frequency(), dayNames);

The same principle applies to the other strings as well.

--
David Jarvie.
KAlarm author & maintainer.