[Kde-pim] Subscription vs Local Subscription in KMail

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Thu Oct 9 20:11:37 BST 2008

On Thursday 09 October 2008, Paulo J. Matos wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Kevin Krammer has already shed some light into this in kde-linux:
> "My guess is that a local subscription only applies to this one
> client, while a normal subscription probably applies to all clients
> connecting to that account."
>
> If it is so, then Subscribe will basically change my IMAP
> subscription information on the server and any client that reads this
> will be changed as soon as it syncs. Right? (I guess this is in
> general what you want unless at home you only want to read mailing
> lists and at work you only want to read mail from work-related
> folders)

This is correct. Another use case is usage of online IMAP for normal
mail folders and usage of disconnected IMAP for mail folders used as
storage for groupware content (contacts, calendars, todo lists).

BTW, the kde-pim mailing list is meant to be used for discussing the
further development of the KDE PIM application. For questions regarding
the usage of the KDE PIM applications please use the kdepim-users
mailing list.

Regards,
Ingo