[Kde-pim] Triage for KMail Bugs

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Tue Oct 14 19:44:39 BST 2008

FYI,

I am in negotiations with the KDE BugSquad to perform Just-In-Time-Triage (TM)
for new KMail bugs.  It will work something like this:

1. The initial owner of the KMail product will be changed to bugsquad-triage at kde.org

2. People on the bugsquad-triage mailing list will see all new bugs and either
    resolve the bug (DUPE, INVALID, etc) or confirm the bug as NEW.

  We developers should never see the resolved bugs.

3. New bugs will be given the "triaged" keyword, a useful comment
   (eg. "confirmed in trunk") and will be reassigned to kdepim-bugs at kde.org.

   That's when the new bugs will hit our inbox

4. Occasional KMail (or KDEPIM) Bug Squashing Days will be scheduled
   to help further reduced the number of existing bug reports.

This is the current plan anyhow.  If it works, then I'll probably ask that KOrganizer
bugs be handled like this too.

Comments? Additional ideas?
-Allen