[Kde-pim] A new class of "Personal Information Manager"

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Sat Nov 29 02:39:34 GMT 2008

On Friday 28 November 2008 17:17:10 Dotan Cohen wrote:
> 2008/11/28 Janne Ojaniemi <janne.ojaniemi at gmail.com>:
> > Am I making any sense here, or am I talking crazy? If you feel that the
> > scope of this post doesn't really belong here (although it is about
> > "PIM"), let me know :).
>
> You are making very little sense. You have a lot of great ideas, but
> you are in the wrong place to express them.

I disagree. This is the place to discuss these kind of ideas. It is about the
kind of data which is considered personal information and while it partly
goes beyond of what the current set of KDE PIM apps is capable of doing, it
certainly is spot-on of what we might be able to do in the future.

That said, of course we never really were short on ideas, so if you can back
up your ideas by code that would be ideal. But I still consider it a useful
thing to toss around some new ideas or just check against the reality of
already existing ideas.