[Kde-pim] Korganizer: The Next Generation

Janne Ojaniemi janne.ojaniemi at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 13:50:57 GMT 2008

2008/11/27 Josef Kufner <jk at myserver.cz>

> Janne Ojaniemi píše v Čt 27. 11. 2008 v 14:38 +0200:
> > Hello everybody
> [...]
> > How would I go about fixing all that? Well, here is my mockup:
> >
> > http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/8137/calendar3oq3.png
> [...]
>
> Hello,
> I think, that removing is not so good idea. Now it looks messy, i agree.
> But it is not complicated.

Removing what? The other windows/texboxes in the UI? The functionality they
provide would still be there. They just wouldn't be begging for users
attention all the time.

I do think that the current UI is pretty complicated and confusing (like the
two "default resources").

> Better solution could be in tabbed left column. Like Gimp's toolbars
> are. So at left will be mini-calendar and three tabs bellow. First tab
> with tasks, second with view selected event and third with resources.

That's an interesting idea :). Although the mini-calendar could be separate,
since the form-factor doesn't really suit a area that is vertically quite
high. Unless it would be something like a mini-calendar at the top, and if
the suer clicks on a date, it would show a list of all appointment for that
date below the mini-calendar.

That said, "resources" should be renamed. Currently it doesn't really say
anything to the user.