[Kde-pim] kmail dbus method to hide in systray doesn't work

vatbier vatbier at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 9 20:42:18 GMT 2008

--- On Sat, 11/8/08, Thomas McGuire <mcguire at kde.org> wrote:
> qdbus works for me:
> qdbus org.kde.kmail /kmail/kmail_mainwindow_1 setHidden
> true

Thomas,

yes, thank you, that qdbus command also works for me.
Are we supposed to use qdbus instead of dbus-send in KDE?
I can't see what I'm doing wrong with my dbus-send command:

dbus-send --type=method_call --dest=org.kde.kmail /kmail/kmail_manwindow_1
 com.trolltech.Qt.QWidget.setHidden boolean:true

I can't find better info on how to use dbus-send.
I can't find no info at all on how to use qdbus, is there any tutorial?

vatbier