[Kde-pim] Partial week printing (Re: KDE/kdepim/korganizer/printing)

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Nov 25 23:20:41 GMT 2008

On Wednesday 12 November 2008, Ron Goodheart wrote:
> Exactly right, it was because it was setup to print weeks at a time. My
> emphasis was just to go through fixing stuff since the printing needed some
> care. I think we would need a new option for printing the range specified,
> not weeks. BTW - this tripped me up initially as well since the GUI allows a
> day range not weeks.

Yep, confusing.

I hacked this into the (uncommitted) code for now, can be connected to a checkbox
"[ ] Always print entire weeks" in the future, unless someone has a better idea for a GUI.

> > This printing code works for me -- except that drawDayBox doesn't wrap long
> > lines, so an event with a long title gets truncated... Any ideas on how to
> > fix that?
> >
> I saw that too - it could be treated the way the month print does it, printing
> and wrapping the title in a sub-box. The month printing allows an option to
> allow truncation as really long titles can end up using all of the space.

Ah -- thanks a lot for that hint. Problem solved by adding a similar checkbox in the "week" printing.

I also added a "include description" checkbox in the week printing, we needed the
company meeting schedule to include the longer description entered into each event.

The resulting patch is attached -- but obviously it has to wait until after the 4.2 freeze;
I hope it still applies then :-)

If I forget to come back to this issue (I know I will), feel free to commit this code
or to ping me about it.