[Kde-pim] Improving the address-book

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Sat Nov 29 02:50:31 GMT 2008

On Friday 28 November 2008 20:36:00 Janne Ojaniemi wrote:

> Although looking at the mockup, it might be worth thinking about moving the
> list of groups to the bottom of the screen, so the first thing the user
> sees, is the list of contacts. Although the current location at the tops
> give the user a sense of progression. First he selects the group, he views
> the contents of the group, and the views the details of an individual
> entry. So both approaches has it's merits.

One thing which your mockup get right, in my point of view, is the focus on
groups. Addressbooks are hard to organize. Usually you end up with lots of
entries, but an alphabetical order is not very natural. But groups are
natural. That's the category people use when thinking about other people. So
promoting this to a primary criterion for structuring people data sounds like
the right thing to do.