[Kde-pim] Akonadi: Distributionlist Help

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Fri Nov 14 21:09:11 GMT 2008

Hi all,

I have adapted the KABCResource to handle distribution lists in the form of
the new KABC::ContactGroup class set developed by Tobias.

Unfortunately this is currently the only Akonadi resource capable of handling
this data type, so if migration detects a distribution list file it will
probably have to bridge a local vcard file instead of letting it be handled
by the already more advanced vcard resource.

Since the vcard resource is intended to be used with only one file, we should
probably create another single-file resource for distribution lists and
migrate them separately.

To do this we also need support for more than one contact group per file, the
ContactGroupTool currently only supports parsing one per QIODevice content.
Support for the legacy KConfig based format can basically be taken from the
KABC file resource (kdepimlibs/kabc/plugins/file)

Tobias suggested to additionally add distribution list support to the vcarddir
resource instead of creating another distribution list resource which I also
believe is a good idea.
Unfortunately the vcarddir resource is currently behind our other resources,
e.g. it doesn't have a Settings object nor config GUI.

Can I get anyone interested in helping me with any of these items?

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring