[Kde-pim] DST in KOrganizer/Kontact

David Jarvie djarvie at kde.org
Fri May 23 22:29:57 BST 2008

On Friday 23 May 2008 16:51, Allen Winter wrote:
> On Thursday 22 May 2008 13:54:17 Tobias Koenig wrote:
>> Hej,
>>
>> does somebody know whether KOrganizer handles DST (daylight saving
>> times)
>> correctly? We have a bug here, that the Kolab server stores an incidence
>> with start time 14:00 UTC + timezone Berlin.
>> In Outlook the time is shown correctly as 16:00 (1h timezone + 1h DST)
>> but KOrganizer shows only 15:00.
>>
> It may depend on the version.
> I try to keep the zoneinfo database up-to-date in our local copy of
> libical.

In KDE 3 it stores times as UTC, so daylight savings time information gets
lost. That doesn't necessarily mean times go wrong, but in interacting
with servers perhaps this causes some incompatibility somewhere. In KDE 4,
things *should* work correctly since daylight savings information is
stored correctly. But it could still depend on what the server does with
the data.

--
David Jarvie.
KAlarm author & maintainer.