[Kde-pim] KMail accountdialog remake

Naga nagatoro at gmail.com
Mon May 26 11:43:14 BST 2008

On Tuesday 20 May 2008 18:59:14 Naga Toro wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 May 2008 18.33.22 Thomas McGuire wrote:
> > I think it would be the best to first port the exisiting account dialogs
> > to .ui files, and after that is done and committed, rearrange things a
> > bit so the dialogs look more similar and fit into the screen.
> Then I'll keep on getting the UI files into shape.

Here is a patch that has extracted most of the imap settings into a ui-file.
Mostly since I haven't succeeded in getting FolderRequester or
KPIMIdentities::IdentityCombo into the ui file since these require a second
argument to their constructors. Here they are inserted using (in my opinion) a
rather ugly approach...

Also I haven't been able to set the correct icons for the namespace buttons
(also done in code here).

I don't like that the accountdialog.h file lists alot of widgets that are used
in the ui file but without being connected to these (they lack the "ui." part)
does anyone have an idea how I can solve this?

Other comments? I think that once this dialog has been beaten into shape the
others should be fairly easy to extract as well.

Sorry for the slow progress, I only have about 1h a day to spend on KDE so
slowly but steady is my approach :)

/BR
Naga