[Kde-pim] KOrganizer agenda view category/resource colours

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Mon May 19 09:48:27 BST 2008

On Monday 19 May 2008 10:33:13 Will Stephenson wrote:
> In most of KDE 3 KOrganizers, event category determines the colour of the
> inside of an agenda view item, and event resource determines the colour of
> the item frame outside.
>
> Commit r739603 in enterprise branch made this configurable, but changed the
> default to ResourceInsideCategoryOutside.  r770905 ported this to trunk,
> and r766343 backported it to 3.5 branch.
>
> I've got a user complaint about the behaviour change.  Was this
> intentional, if so, what are the reasons?  If not, would anyone object if I
> flip it back to CategoryInsideResourceOutside?

As long as it stays the way it is in enterprise branch I don't see a problem
with that.

> Alternatively, calendars are automatically assigned colours, but categories
> are not.  Would ResourceOnly be a better default in KDE 4.1, to avoid
> information-free and usually colour-clashing green frames on items?

That was the idea behind the change: minimize the area with by default
information-free colors. ResourceOnly would accomplish this even more, for
the price of confusing people that already have category colors defined
(which is probably the minority).

regards
Volker