[Kde-pim] Testing changes before commiting

Thomas McGuire Thomas.McGuire at gmx.net
Thu May 8 18:08:20 BST 2008

Hello,

after the recent broken KMail folder index branch merging, I've the urge to
say this again (even though we already talked on IRC):

TEST YOUR CHANGES before committing or merging something.

Even totally superficial testing would have prevent things like the folder
index breakage or many of the older broken enterprise merges (these are of
course not the only cases).

The folder index commit didn't even build on Linux.

(Yes, I know that it was tested on Windows, but for such changes that is not
enough)

It is of course understandable when some things break or regress, everybody
makes mistakes. But a bit of testing will prevent the worst problems, and
that's all I ask.
Not doing any testing is not acceptable.

So please test your commits in the future more.

--
Thomas