[Kde-pim] kpinterfaces (Was: Start of a Kontact::Plugin for KJots)

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Mon May 12 18:14:24 BST 2008

Allen Winter wrote:

> On Sunday 11 May 2008 14:23:12 Allen Winter wrote:
>> On Sunday 11 May 2008 14:01:00 Stephen Kelly wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I've been working on making KJots into a kontact plugin. I've got parts
>> > of it working, but there's still parts of it I'm not sure of. My work
>> > is already in svn (kdeutils/kjots), but commented in the CMakeLists
>> > until I figure out how to make it optional, check kontact exists etc.
>>
>> We have a more basic problem...
>>
>> The kontact public interface isn't installed any longer.
>> So I don't think you'll be able to build the kjots plugin
>> unless we move kjots into kdepim.
>>
> Any volunteers to take over maintainership of the kpinterfaces
> library and move it from kdepim/kontact/interfaces into kdepimlibs?
>
> This will be needed eventually anyhow so toma can build a
> Mailody plugin for Kontact.

And so that 3rd parties like basket can have a kontact plugin. I think it's
pretty important.

I'll help with co-maintainership of the interface. I really don't think I
could do it on my own.

Should it really move out of kdepim though? That would make
kdepim/kpinterfaces depend on kdepim/kontact, right? It makes sense where
it is.