[Kde-pim] Problem with kpilot cannot restore backup

Karolina karolina.lindqvist at kramnet.se
Mon May 5 13:45:17 BST 2008

Today I had to hard-reset my Palm Vx. But no problem, kpilot have taken backup
of everything. But instead of restoring the backup it said like

14:21:41 File '/home/pgd/.kde/share/apps/kpilot/DBBackup/Karolina/Palm V
Update 3.5.3.prc' cannot be read.
14:21:41
File '/home/pgd/.kde/share/apps/kpilot/DBBackup/Karolina/PasswordsDB.pdb'
cannot be read.
14:21:41 File '/home/pgd/.kde/share/apps/kpilot/DBBackup/Karolina/Patience
History.pdb' cannot be read.
14:21:41
File '/home/pgd/.kde/share/apps/kpilot/DBBackup/Karolina/Patience.prc' cannot
be read.

for each and every file it had backed up. This was just some examples.
That's the worst, taking backups, and then the program cannot restore.
How to I restore the backup into my palm? And don't say that I should use the
appropriate restore menu option, since that was exactly what I did and it did
not work.

BTW. the restore sync wiped out everything from korganizer too, so I can't
sync to get it back. I need to get those in DBBackup to the palm to get all
my appointments etc. back. How do I do it?

Karolina