[Kde-pim] KMail accountdialog remake

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Tue May 20 13:52:28 BST 2008

Hi Toro,

Good to see someone attacking this issue.

On Monday 19 May 2008 19:58, Naga Toro wrote:
> To facilitate screens with small height (bug# 121677: "IMAP account dialog
> too big" ) I was thinking that one solution might be to wrap each tabs
> widget in a QScrollArea (if this is the correct widget, I'm kinda new to
> the GUI scene :)) to be able to handle most screen resolutions. Is this a
> good solution or is it a bad one and if so are there any better?

In general, wrapping a scrollview around things will make it *possible* to use
the dialog, but it doesn't make it right; as a stopgap I think this is a good
solution, but longer-term, some more thought needs to go into possibly
reorganizing the dialog, detecting when things fit and possibly splitting
them into multiple tabs, and such.

And, as Tom says, parts of this dialog will go away anyway with Akonadi.