[Kde-pim] Questions / Issues on Akonadi - notificaitons

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Thu Mar 20 06:47:58 GMT 2008

On Monday 17 March 2008 06:33:25 am Tobias Koenig wrote:
> > 4. How are async notifications of changes (from the server) supposed to
> > be handled? What will the application send to akonadi core, and what will
> > akonadi core send to the resource?
>
> When the resource gets a async notification from the server, it
> adds/deletes/moves the data object in the store. That will signal all
> other clients (agents or applications) that something has changed.
I think I need to ask a more specific question.

The Openchange resource can potentially register to receive async
notifications on some or all of its folders. What happens is there is a UDP
port that the server sends to (and the client listens on), and that tells the
client which folder to redo. This is part of the client logon / registration.

This will look (to the user) like automatic updates - the folder just gets
more messages (or potentially less).

Does akonadi have any way of saying "only do async changes on this subset of
folders", or "don't do async updates", or should I always just update?

Brad