[Kde-pim] [patch] port KResources plugin interfaces to KDE4

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Thu Mar 6 21:18:52 GMT 2008

On Thursday 06 March 2008, Jarosław Staniek wrote:
> For review (let's test if the factories work):

Since I am basically using this (no macros though) successfully for a couple
of weeks now in the Akonadi bridges, I'd say creation works as expected.

> Use KDE4's K_PLUGIN_FACTORY and K_EXPORT_PLUGIN instead of KDE3's
> K_EXPORT_COMPONENT_FACTORY, what means not only porting but fixing bugs
> related to loading KDE3-like plugins on Windows.
>
> The definition and declaration of the plugin factories is now generalized
> and thus simplified by adding EXPORT_KRESOURCES_PLUGIN and
> EXPORT_KRESOURCES_PLUGIN2 macros, that can be found in a new private
> kresources_export.h.
> These are needed for inserting catalogs like:
>
>    KGlobal::locale()->insertCatalog( "kres_xmlrpc" );

I am not sure if the two catalog version is actually needed.
Can any of the developers of such resource comment on why they also
add "libkcal"?
Isn't that already done implicitly by any application using KCal?

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring