[Kde-pim] kpilot and Treo 680: two issues

Trey Blancher trey at blancher.net
Sun Mar 9 04:53:19 GMT 2008

On my Ubuntu Gutsy system, I got my Treo 680 working OK.  I had to wipe
that working system due to a filesystem corruption, and now I'm on
Debian lenny on the same hardware. I can begin syncing with kpilot, but
during the sync the Treo reboots, while transferring my Date Book.  It
always seems to reboot at the same point.  I'm using the following versions:

Version: KPilot 4.9.2-358 (moribund alleycat)
Version: pilot-link 0.12.2
Version: KDE 3.5.8
Version: Qt 3.3.7

I can't say what the working versions were, but I suspect they were similar.

I've also got a problem with reconnecting the Treo 680.  When I
disconnect the Treo, it doesn't always remove the ttyUSBx devices, so
when I reconnect it creates ttyUSB[23], etc.  If it does remove the
devices, when I reconnect it doesn't create them again, so connecting
the Treo doesn't work.  If I hit the sync button on my connector/cradle,
it doesn't create them at this point.  I've tried unloading the visor
and usbserial kernel modules, but this does not solve the problem.  Only
thing I've gotten to fix it is a reboot.

Any ideas?