[Kde-pim] Permission to forward port "folder white listing" from Enterprise branch to 3.5

Thomas McGuire Thomas.McGuire at gmx.net
Wed Mar 12 17:08:33 GMT 2008

Hi,

On Wednesday 12 March 2008, Allen Winter wrote:
> On Wednesday 12 March 2008 01:39:05 Pradeepto K. Bhattacharya wrote:
> > Hi Allen, PIMsters,
> >
> >           Last week, I merged in a folder white listing from Proko2
> > branch into Enterprise branch ( Revision 783244 and 783478 ). Seeking
> > permission for merging the same into the 3.5 branch.
> >
> >           Cheers!
>
> Thomas,
>
> Let me know if you are ok with this feature.
> If so, I will take it to the release team for discussion.
>
> It sounds partly like a bugfix...

It's for the 3.5 branch, which is not maintained by me. Anyway, some things
about that feature (I only looked at it very superficially):

- It introduces new strings, the translation teams need to give their OK
- Coding style like in treebase.cpp makes me cry (all sorts of different
  indentations, including tabs)
- This feature seems to be only relevant for DIMAP, right? If so, the button
  in the filter dialog should be disabled/removed if there are no DIMAP
  accounts. Also, when selecting source folders, the normal IMAP folder items
  are disabled and not checked, which makes me wonder if filtering will still
  work for my IMAP accounts. Same for my local inbox for POP3. Too confusing
  in my opinion.
- Very minor: FolderSetSelector::selectedFolders() should be const
- i18n: "Select Source Folders" should be "Select Source Folders..."

As I said, I didn't yet look at the patch in-depth.

For a port to trunk, the above points would need to be fixed.

I assume it is tested in the enterprise branch, so it probably is reasonable
bug-free to port it to the 3.5 branch. In general, I'm OK with it.
Ingo, any opinion on this?

For an eventual trunk port, one has to be careful: Things in the foldertree
code changed a lot, for example TreeBase::recolorRows() was removed
completely as it is buggy. Porting in this case should be something else
than "apply the diff and fix compile errors and obvious bugs", especially for
the new files, as they originated from some other files, which have changed a
lot now.

Regards,
Thomas