[Kde-pim] GSoC: Akonadi Resources for Google Bookmarks, Calendar, Contacts and Notebook

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Tue Mar 25 15:14:47 GMT 2008

On Monday 24 March 2008 15:48:41 Stijn Van Nieuwenhuyse wrote:
> I have refined my proposal a bit with the input I got from this list,
> the kontact irc channel and tips I got from Cornelius Schumacher.
>
> You can still find the proposal here:
> http://users.telenet.be/svnieuwe/GSoC/GSoC.pdf
>
> Obviously, more suggestions are still appreciated.

I don't know anything about the Google services, but from reading your
application I get the impression these APIs have a common base and all the
services use the same account data. If that's the case you might want to
considering to just write a single resource handling all types instead of one
per type. With the KResource framework that's not possible, but there is no
such limitation in Akonadi.

regards
Volker